Tuesday, December 05, 2006

This may be a long post because I have much to catch up on. But I will try to do just the outline of two months. If more info is needed, please comment.
ROAD TRIP also known as "Kodak" moments in my life.
Week 1 & 2 Ohio
Angie and Bob's wedding. The highlight of my life. I was truly amazed at how God planned the wedding. Lots of shopping, flowers, candles, table linens, and birdseed;
mom-in-law party; burning my fingers on the curling iron; Seeing my little girl in her wedding dress; Seeing the look in Bob's eyes when he saw her coming down the aisle; Watching them dance their first dance as husband and wife.

Spending time with my mom, niece and nephew, brother and sister-in-law; Going to play bingo with mom at the Senior Citizens Center; having my mom cook for me; laughing and shopping with my 9 year old niece (even though she is a tattle tale); going to a museum with my 14 year old nephew;teaching him how to play the "family song" on the piano; going to a flea market with my brother and sister-in-law; having steak at the Emmitt House in Waverly with my brother and his family; giving the kids bragging rights at school for going upstairs in the dark where it's haunted. Spending time with my Aunt Marion and my cousins on her 82nd birthday.

Week 3 Wilmington NC
Sitting up all night with my niece Susan talking and laughing; getting great big sloppy kisses from Sailor; going on a carriage ride at dusk; putting my feet in the Atlantic Ocean again; cheesburgers in paradise; meeting her friends; watching the sunset over the ocean; starting my book.

Week 4 Goldsboro NC
Shopping, shopping, shopping. Finding out what I have missed all these years with my sister; having my sister teach me how to put 27 layers of paint on ceramic seagulls; going to a sewing class then staying up till 1:30 in the morning sewing an oven door dress; meeting their friends; getting a great deal on a drill; pigging out on seafood salad; missing my sister.

Week 4-1/2 Charlotte NC
Happy Zone; Aunt BooBoo Bandaid; Being the "Rookie" at Lowe's Motor Speedway; Finding out how they paint the wall; making new friends; camping out when it's 36 degrees out; helping my niece and nephew with their homework; the neighbors; being so proud of my niece for her accomplishments in her career.

Week 5 Waverly, Dayton, Columbus OH
Spending time with my Mom; Picking pumpkins with my brother Bill; seeing "Tito Bill" in action; in awe of how my sister-in-law Ann can whip up a meal; having lunch at Marion's Pizza; missing my flight; seeing my first love for the first time in 30 years; getting a cell phone for the first time; being able to call a friend from the airplane to get a ride home from the airport; Comet jumping in 360 degree circles in the air when when I get home. Being home.

These are just fractional parts of the hightlights of my road trip. But the most important thing that I learned on this road trip is that the thing that creates "Kodak" moments in life is......time. Time is our gift from God. Time to spend with our family and friends. Time to make new friends. Time to learn. Time to cry. Time to love. Time to reflect. Time to pray. Time to make a difference. So remember that just for today, this is your "gift day" from God. Make is a "Kodak" moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

So glad you're back!! Thanks for including me in one of your "moments". You packed more into one trip than most people do in a life time. I miss having you around-maybe one of these days I'll make it back to TX.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home