Saturday, September 30, 2006

Just for today
Bob and Angie's wedding started the kickoff of my family union/reunion. Two families merging into one. Family who had not seen each other for years, gathered together for such a joyous occasion. Brothers, sisters, mothers and father, aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, old school chums and long time friends.

I've gotten a chance to spend time this past two weeks with family both old and new. It has been a long time since I have seen many of them. I even had a cousin that happened to be in from Hawaii! I was able to spend my favorite aunt's 82 birthday with her. I have made "Kodak" moments with my niece and nephew.I'm in OH and leaving for NC tomorrow to spend time with my sister and nieces for a couple of weeks and then back to OH for a few days to spend with my brother and his clan. I have made many, many, many Kodak moments in my heart.

I've been doing a family history since I've been in my Mom's hometown. I've gotten as far back a 8 generations on my father's mother's side. I still need to gather info on my mother's mother's side but hopefully today if I get a chance to visit with some aunts, I can do so. It is really interesting to find out the history of my family just as my daughter has added a new branch onto it. Maybe someday, my great-great-great-great grandchild will find my name and learn about my life. More on my family-moon later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Awesome! You're getting to see EVERYONE! Have fun! We'll get to see you again, too, before you head back to the Armpit.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home