Saturday, September 09, 2006

Be happy


Comet's goal in life is to make sure that I am happy at any given moment of the day. She wakes me up smiling like this every morning. She'll walk into the room and smile at me. Sometimes she smiles so big, it looks like she is snarling at you. I'll try to get a picture of that sometime. It is so funny! She is the happiest soul that I have ever had the pleasure of being around in my entire life.
She even has more friends than I do. Kids will knock on the door and ask "Can Comet come out to play?" The neighbors come out to pet her. She once was picked up by the dog catcher and the neighbors saw her being nabbed and told her where she lived. The dog catcher brought her home and Comet invited her in. She thinks that a car is designed to chauffeur her around in. Everyone in town recognizes Comet when she is riding in the car. She acts like a beauty queen riding on a float in a parade.
She had heartworms six years ago and had to go through chemo at the same time that I went chemo. We were both so sick but she was such a trooper. I have people fighting over who gets to take care of her when I come to OH, because everyone wants her.
I have such a bond with this "dog". I forget sometimes that she is a "dog" because she is so human like or maybe she thinks I'm more dog like. She communicates so effectively with her eyes and her smile. I guess that love is truly a universal language, no matter what form your body may be in. Just ask Comet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

I'm so glad Comet has been a constant friend and companion.

My mom says her Yorkie, Toby, minds better than my brother and I ever did. ha!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home