Thursday, June 15, 2006

Everyday

So I just found out that my daughter has gone on strike from blogging until everyone else blogs. How did I raise such a stubborn woman? I guess when she says that she wants to communicate with everyone, I guess she means it.

Okay, I was going to wait until I really started to get into this cancer thing until I started blogging everyday, but I guess I will start now. Bear with me folks, because I plan on doing a lot of venting through this blog. Somedays it ain't going to be pretty, but I will give you a daily basis of what it is like to go through cancer for the last time. I swear, I am not going to do this again. This is it...one of us will not live through this. Either cancer or me will be the only one left standing. If I have my way, it will be ME left standing. I guess that is where Ang gets her stubborness from. I am more determined than ever to whoop cancers' ass for the last time.

Well, so far...I have had two mammograms, two ultrasounds, one x-ray, one CAT scan, one MRI, one biopsy, and one blood test. It has been since January 7th that I started to have all these test. The first mammogram came out normal. Then on April 26th, I had an ultrasound done at a different hospital and they found the cancer in my right breast. Then on May 24, I went to the emergency room because my left arm was numb and my back hurt so bad that I could hardly move. They did an x-ray, then came back in and said I needed an MRI. After that the doctor came in and told me the good news was that I did not have to have surgery today. But the bad news was that it looked like the cancer has metasised in my bones. So they do a brain scan just to make sure that it had not spread to my brain. (I was just reliefed that they found a brain) Next....May 30, I have another mammogram and another ultrasound, back at the orginal hospital. Again, it showed cancer in my right breast and oh yeah, a lymph node on my left side doesn't look to good either. So on June 8th, I have a biospy done and sure enough, the needle hits the tumor. By now I have been told, ummm let's see...4 times that I have cancer. Okay, I get it. Duh! I wish that everyone would stop telling me that and just let me do something about it. Okay, I'm done venting. Thanks.

On to good news...I am going to see my grandson Brian next week. My son Joe surprised me with an airline ticket. He called last night to let me listen to Brian talk. It was the first time that I ever heard him talk. Brian is 14 months old and really has his dad wrapped around his little finger. Joe would say to Brian:
Joe: Say I
Brian: I
Joe: Say love
Brian: Yooou!
Joe just melts when he does that. Joe said that he has waited his whole life for this boy, so he can have anything he wants. Brian goes to a really great day care. They teach the children to sign language before they can talk so that they can communicate before they can verbalize. I think that is really great. They also wipe his hands every time they change his diaper so that he will always associate washing his hands when he goes to the bathroom. No wondering if this guy washes his hands when he grows up! I have'nt seen my grandson since he was five weeks old, so I am just thrilled to be going on this trip. It's also great for Joe and his wife Natalie because with Grandma there they can date each other for the whole week. So, I finally figured out what being a Grandma means to kids. It means "babysitter". It also means that I get to spoil him rotten and then leave!

Speaking of grandchildren...there are no sweeter words than "Hi, Grandma" ! When one of my children says that to me I start crying and laughing and jumping up and down on the furniture. My son Alex and his wife Carrie have been trying for years to conceive and he called me up last week and said those sweet words to me. I love when goods things happed like that for my children.

Whenever Angie has good news, she tells me first that one of the rules I must follow before she will tell me is that I MUST breath! I love when she tells me good news...she's so calm about it. (Like when she told me about Bob) I held out for as long as I could when she was telling me before I told her that I had to get off the phone so I could whoop and holler. She understood. Don't ya, Ang?

Okay, this blog is long enough for today. Angie, be careful what you wish for. You want blogging, you'll get blogging. Because i have nothing but time on my hands.
See ya all later

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Just to clarify...

that's not really why I'm not blogging this week... just haven't felt much like it. But if telling Mom that's why I wasn't got HER to blog, it was worth it.

2:24 PM  
Blogger rdmeeker said...

I'm so glad to see you'll be blogging more frequently! I check everyday.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home