Sunday, August 06, 2006

Just for today

Just for todayHurry up and wait. My trip to Ohio will be delayed for a few weeks. MD Anderson, which is the best cancer center is the country called and set an appointment with my oncologist for Aug 25th. I really need and want to be in OH for Angie and Robert to help with the wedding plans. But this is equally important. I have been trying for months to get into MD Anderson. If I'm going to have cancer, then I am very blessed to live withing 40 minutes from this great hospital. Angie was thrilled when she found out.

You know, if it wasn't for the pain, I forget that I have cancer some days. I just don't dwell on it. I know that I will survive it, so it's not that big a deal. I have more positive things going on in my life. Like my daughter getting married, long conversations with family and friends, playing with my dog, reading a good book, watching a good movie, going on my first date in years,going on my second date in years, going on my third date in years, reading everyone's blog, learning to cook again, counting my blessings, etc, etc.
There's so much more to life than being sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home