Sunday, July 02, 2006

Just for today

Just for today
Well, I have a new name now. My official name is "DaDaMaMa". When we introduced me to Brian, (my sixteen month old grandson) we explained to him that I was Daddy's mommy as we pointed to each other. Well, I guess Brian thought that was my name, so there you go.
Thanks for posting the picture Ang. I thought about calling you back and asking you to do that, but all good minds think alike. I hope everyone enjoyed them. I have about 65 more pictures just on one disk and about another 24 on another. Still not enough. I have a whole lot of Kodak moments in my heart.
This was really a great trip. Joe and Natalie took time off of work so I got to spend time with my son, his wife, and my grandson separately and also together. My son and his wife got to "date" the week that I was there. They went to movies, dinner, and white water rafting. They had a blast. I got to stay home and play with Brian. They had a friend come over in the afternoon to get Brian so I could rest for a while. A sixteen month old child has way more energy than what I do. We went to the park everyday so he could have some fresh air and sunshine. My family doctor told the key to raising children: "All you have to do is give them lots of food, water, sunshine,love, hugs & kisses and they will grow up just fine". Simple but true. Give Brian a broom and he's a happy camper.
Okay, I'll share one Kodak moment. We were all out to dinner one night and just having basic conversation and all of a sudden, Brian looked over at me and said "I love you". There wasn't a dry eye at the table.
The pictures of the mountains are breath taking. Literally. We were at 11,900 ft at the Continental Divide. The air is so thin up there. And cold! See the snow! I know that I can go through anything now because I've been to the top of the mountain. In order to get to the top of the mountain, you must first walk through the valley.
Oh, I could just on and on, but I won't. Some things are meant to be kept in your heart.

Okay, I'll share ONE Kodak moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your grandson so much. I like his name for you... it's very individual and special.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

You look great!!! Your grandson is a doll. I am so happy to hear you had a great time-

7:58 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

more words please mom. more words. you have a whole life to draw from...right?

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home